background

Friday, August 6, 2010

Support Group in my Area

I was looking at the IAAC website (Infertility Awareness Association of Canada) and noticed a section call support groups. My DH and I had a great talk the other night about how I need to surround myself with people who REALLY know what we are going through...although I love my blog support group I need some flesh and blood.

There wasn't one registered for my area (there is one at the local clinic but I don't want one monitored by a shrink)...but it also said that if you wanted information on starting your own group to contact them...so I did. About 45 minute later I got an email with a phone number and was asked to call. When I did not only did the person answer right away but I was talking to Beverly Hanck the IAAC Executive Director!!! She gave me some great advise about starting a group.

I'm looking forward to the first one in September.

2 comments: