background

Sunday, February 6, 2011

...and we're off!

This is the second time trying to post. I'll retype the original one when I get to the hotel rather than my phone.

Just wanted express. I never thought I'd have to use a gas station bathroom to insert a progesterone vaginal suppository. Just saying...

UPDATE

Now that we've made it to the hotel I can actually retype what I had tried to on our way here from my phone. Here goes...

I got up this morning first...even before our dog who it the usually the first one up by a few whines and pawing at the door.

I rolled over and got out of bed, which then woke up the dog. I went downstairs to let him out to do his business then fed him. While he was eating I put the magic bag in the microwave to heat up.

I went back upstairs to set up my mini medical clinic and reread the instructions for the trillionth time. Everything went well...sort of. I did keep the vial upside down when I took the syringe out so some of the meds shot out of the vile. The needle tip is way larger than the one that goes into my butt. The get changed once the meds are in it.

I switched the need tips and put the syringe into the warm magic bag to warm up the meds to allow them to pass through the needle tip easier. Then I woke up J. Who did not want to get up at all. After 5 minutes of the dog licking his hand and face he got up. Tee hee.

He follows me into the bathroom and I was prepared that he would stab me there but made a good point (no pun intended) when he told me my butt would be more relaxed if I was lying down in my bed. So at least part of this process actually gets to happen in our bed.

While I was lying on my stomach he asks if I already changed the needle tip. I told him I had. Then with an knowing tone he says "oh that's big" thanks jackass!

He tells me to count to five and he'll jab me. I told him just to do it...and he did. It didn't hurt. I did feel it but it didn't hurt. The PIO is really viscous so it take a minute to get it through the needle tip and into me. While he was doing that he said something that made me laugh (can't remember what). So then my butt was moving from laughing then he told me to stop laughing. Well that's like telling me not to laugh in mass at church when something funny happens. After some deep breathing to stop laughing he got it all in me and that was that.

Easy as pie!

So here we are in our home for the next 5 nights. J watching the game and me typing on the computer. Off to snuggle and pretend I care about the football game. J tells me I'm supposed to type "Go Packers!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having fun with the needles. The injection sites on my behind are still tender after two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby always did the shots while I layed in bed. I found it so much easier that way as well! I hope the retrieval goes well and gives you plenty of eggs to play with! All my best!

    ReplyDelete