background

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sick and donor update

For the past few days I've been feeling like crap. it started with a bit of a sore throat, then it progressed into a fever and a runny nose. I tried going to work yesterday but I left at 11:00am. What a horrible feeling...I haven't been sick in a long time but wow it really hit me. J has been really great, cooking, cleaning and asking if there is anything that I need from him.

I was even sick on our 4 year anniversary on Sunday that we ate soup instead of eating the yummy steaks I had bought earlier. We'll celebrate later this week.

We've moved forward in this baby process quite a bit. I have to admit this being our first DE experience and never having gone thru IVF or IUI there is a lot we don't know or even know to ask. I take it as a blessing most of the time and just go with the flow. But every now and then I'm brushed against something I'm unsure of.

I knew the donor was going to start her injections last Saturday, what, how much and for how long I don't know nor did I think to ask. What do I know? They are the experts.

I have fertility friends that are going through IVF and IUI and I try to compare what they are going thru with what the donor and I are going thru and they are different protocols so its hard to relate or judge what is right for me or know what questions to ask.

I emailed my nurse to find out when the donor would be going for her ultrasound I was shocked to find out it wouldn't be until the 29th. I figured since she was starting her shots on the 15th that she would be going more often than that. I later found out this was normal, after a few back and forth emails with the nurse. She started Lurpon on Saturday. She is going in for blood work on the 24th. If all looks good then she will start her stim meds on the 24th. She will go for ultrasounds before the 29th but only on the 29th will they really get and idea of how many follies we're looking at.

Off to eat some soup that my mom brought over...

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you much success with your first IVF and donor cycle. Donor cycles are easier on your body because you don't have to take any drugs to stimulate your ovaries, but mentally, sometimes you worry if all will be well. Enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete