background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

WTF???

Last night I got a text from a friend that knows we are going thru IF issues and told me to take a look at the W5 news that was on. I got the text 15 minutes after he sent it so the news was off. I went online to watch it. It made me so f*&KING angry. It was titled "The Murky World of Reproductive Medicine"

Rather than retype the whole story here is the link to watch/read about it HERE or go to another bloggers site "WANTED: One Good Embryo" THIS POST to read her take on it .

I just wanted anyone who saw this or anyone that goes to this link to know that the woman "Secaly" is not and should not be regarded as proper representation of the majority of women that need to get help to get pregnant. She is not well and her doctors should be ashamed of allowing her to continue to do what she is doing.

Shame on you W5 for choosing her to be the “poster child” for women in my situation and to continue to allow this "murky" shadow to be cast on us. Most people like me who need help to get pregnant do not want a designer baby with specific traits nor do we want to sell off the ones that don't come back perfect. We want a baby…period.

I vow that once I have a child to call my very own I will do everything that I can to have women in my situation in Canada portrayed as normal, non crazy humans who don't want designer babies with a specific gender or physical characteristics.

I promise.

1 comment:

  1. This made me so mad I couldn't even look at it. Those "journalists" should be ashamed of themselves.

    ReplyDelete